Police Mutual is supporting the Commonwealth Games Policing Team
Find out more about how The Police Mutual Foundation is supporting the thousands of Police Personnel, working at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow...
A significant number of Police Personnel have been assigned to work at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow - and behind the scenes we're there to help make their time away from home as stress-free as possible.
Working closely with Police Scotland, during July and August, the Police Mutual Foundation is providing a range of wellbeing initiatives designed to enhance the experience for those working at the Commonwealth Games. We have also created recreational spaces where Officers and staff can relax and unwind for a short while from their busy schedules.
This is the second large sporting event that The Foundation has supported. We were also present in London during the Olympic Games in 2012, supporting those officers who were on mutual aid.
Claire Long, Police Mutual's Head of Welfare Services, said: "We're proud to be supporting such a significant event for Scotland.
"We know that spending extended periods of time away from their homes and families can be difficult for Officers, so we are delighted to have the opportunity to help make their stay as stress-free as possible."
The Police Mutual Foundation
The Foundation is a long-term initiative aimed at providing benevolent, financial and welfare services to the Police Service.
It's work includes:
- Providing free access to health and wellbeing guidance exclusively for members of the Police Service
- Conducting research and analysis into financial risk trends within the Police Service
- Providing free health screenings and practical health advice
- Supporting convalescent accommodation for Police Officers and Staff
- In 2012, supporting those officers who were on mutual aid.