+

Police pension reform poll - the results

Last month we asked you how well you understood the changes to the Police Pension and what your income in retirement might be. Here's what you said...

Last month we asked you how well you understood the changes to the Police Pension and what your income in retirement might be. An amazing 1,529 of you took part and here's what you told us:

While most of you (70%) said you knew which Police Pension Scheme was applicable to you, just four in 10 (39%) said you really understood the different schemes.

Nearly a fifth of you (17%) had a clear idea what income you could expect in retirement, but the rest (83%) were unsure. This was a concern for two thirds of you (66%), while the remaining 34% either weren't particularly worried (22%) or felt retirement was too far away to think about just now (12%).

Over a third of you (35%) had already started making plans for your finances in retirement. 

If you haven't made plans for your retirement yet, remember it's never too early to start thinking about your finances. There's lots of useful information on our online Retirement Centre, where you can find out more about pensions, second careers, starting a new business, planning for future expenses and managing your budget.

comments powered by Disqus
Close