Thank you for your application.
If you are paying by Direct Debit
Your application will now been posted out to the address you provided. Please provide your Direct Debit details, sign the form and return it to us.
If you have provided your email address we may send the Direct Debit mandate this way.
Once we have received your signed application, we will send you a welcome letter to confirm you have joined the Healthcare Scheme
If you are paying by Salary Deduction (only available for specific forces)
Thank you for your application we will process this in due course and you will receive your welcome letter shortly to confirm you have joined the Healthcare scheme.
We may need to contact you if any of the details provided are found to be incorrect.
- It is important that you call the Healthcare team on 01543 441 630 before you attend any appointments or receive any medical treatment you think you may need to claim for. Dependent on the nature of your claim we may be able to authorise it straight away and accept your member contribution payment.
- You will need an open referral from your GP to attend a consultation. If you are in your first 2 years of membership we will also need a GP report to confirm your claim isn’t for a pre-existing condition*.
- Once authorised, Police Mutual will transfer you to one of our approved hospital networks to arrange your appointment with an appropriate consultant. We will also send you a claim form to take to your appointment to record any recommended tests or treatments, including procedure codes, discussed with your consultant.
- Once your claim form has been completed you should call 01543 441 630 and if we are able to, we will approve the recommended tests or treatment verbally over the phone and accept your member contribution payment. Treatment can then go ahead.
- If we are unable to approve the recommended tests or treatment verbally over the phone we may ask you to return the claim form to us via email to email@example.com or by post to Healthcare team, Police Mutual, Building 3, Lichfield South, Birmingham Road, Lichfield, WS14 0QP. We will then review your claim. Following review, we will call you to advise whether the recommended tests or treatment have been authorised, and if they have, to accept your member contribution payment. Treatment can then be received.
*A pre-existing condition is any medical condition that you were aware of, or ought reasonably to be aware of prior to joining the scheme, even if medical advice has not yet been sought. For the pre-existing condition to be eligible for cover you will need to have had a period of five years without medical attention for it.