Police Mutual – Our Privacy Promise
Thu 01 Mar 2018
Everything we do is for the benefit of those we serve. This covers everything from our products and services to our wellbeing assistance programmes, free financial education talks, community sponsorship projects and even our prize draws and free giveaways.
As you probably know, we like to keep in touch with our members. And we know that many of our members like to keep up-to-date with our latest exclusive offers and news.
In a world where people and businesses share an increasing amount of information, we never take it for granted that our members place their trust in us.
Data protection laws are changing this year
From May 2018, new rules mean that we won’t be able to keep you up-to-date with all the great things that we do unless you give us specific permission to do so. Over the next few months, we’ll be getting in touch so we can continue sending you the updates you care about. This will give you the chance to tell us if you’re happy to hear from us via email, phone, letter or SMS (or all of these!).
We also understand the importance of protecting all the personal details and information we hold for our members. That’s why we have pledged the below promises:
1. We promise to be open and honest with you about how your data is used
2. We promise never to sell your data
3. We promise to make it easy for you to access and correct your data
4. We promise only to contact you about the things we think will be of interest to you – if you’ve ever had enough, just tell us and we’ll stop
5. We promise to have effective protection in place to keep your data safe and secure
Type of article: Articles
Return to News and Blog