Many ex-Police Service employees go on to do volunteer work after they retire.
And why not? Perhaps it's because they've been so dedicated to helping people in the past, it's difficult for them to stop.
If you're thinking of putting some of you spare time to better use, you can find out more about volunteering at the following external websites:Reasons to volunteer
- Make a difference to your local community.
- Increase your self-esteem.
- Put the skills you've gained from the Police Service to good use.
- Make new friends.
- Try out for a job.
- Develop new skills.
- Improve job prospects and employability.
- Build links with local organisations.
- Enjoy something you love.