As you plan for life beyond the force, our highly acclaimed, free retirement courses have been specifically designed to fully prepare you for making the key decisions that will define your retirement years. The courses, ideally for Police officers and staff within six to twelve months of retirement are engaging, thought provoking and specifically designed to help you consider all of your options.
Our free course for Police employees includes:
- How to cope with change
- Your Police Pension - commutation and your options
- State Pension and taxation
- Financial Planning for retirement - identifying short, medium and long term needs
- Savings and investments - how to assess the level of risk you're prepared to take and match this to investments capable of delivering the level of returns you seek
- Taking Financial Advice - The do's and don'ts
- Second careers
- Wills and estate planning
- Health and wellbeing
To find out more about the course please call us on 01543 305387
In those forces where we deliver pre-retirement courses, the booking arrangements are usually made by the force. Please contact your Learning & Development Coordinator for more details.