Money back in your pocket
It's widely thought that the current economic climate is unlikely to change anytime soon. With savings interest rates at an all-time low and little growth in take-home pay, it’s hardly surprising that financial worries affect seven in ten of the UK’s working population¹. It’s even higher amongst emergency services personnel, with 95% of 18-24 year olds and 81% of 35-49 year olds suffering the effects of money worries².
Police Mutual products and services aim to put money back into the pockets of Police Officers and Staff:
- Officers taking out a basket of our products typically saved £1,674 in 2016.
Equating to a 4.4% pay increase³.
- Our whole of market mortgage service can help to identify the best deals available.
Meaning our members hold on to more of their money.
- We paid out £63.7m in Regular Savings maturities.
Providing more than 15,500 members with an average of over £4,000 to spend in 2016.
- We launched our new stocks and shares Options ISA.
With over £43 million invested and including eight fixed-term ISA offers for the Police family.
- Members using our mortgage advice service typically saved £500 in advice fees.
A total saving of £794,000 for our members in 2016.
- Our home and motor insurance products provide interest-free monthly payment options, with no admin fees for changes to policies.
Meaning there are no hidden costs so members know exactly what to expect.
Police Mutual internal statistics 2016.
¹The DNA of Financial Wellbeing - Neyber 2016.
²Financial Wellbeing - Police, Fire and Rescue Services Spotlight - Neyber 2016.
³Based on an individual in their 30s with a salary of £38,000, holding Police Mutual mortgage, home and motor insurance, healthcare, personal loan and fixed-term ISA products.