Research by the mental health charity Mind, shows that in 2015, 91% of Police experienced stress and poor mental health at work¹ and, as a whole, UK Police forces lost 600,000 sick days as a result of stress, anxiety and depression².
Although Officers who are unable to work because of a mental health illness will receive full pay for a limited time, they will not be entitled to receive the allowances that many rely upon as part of their monthly wage, which in turn can cause more anxiety.
– support for the development of a mental health champion network
– funding for educational programmes on mental health awareness and mindfulness
– funding for patient advisers in the Police Treatment Centres in Harrogate and Scotland to help those who need support
– the creation of a relaxation area at Flint House
– funding for a trained counsellor for the North West Benevolent Fund Lodge in Lancashire.