Christmas 2017 Prize Draw terms
Enter our free prize draw for a chance to WIN £2000 and a spot prize (the “Prize Draw”)
- When entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “T&C’s”)
- Members of the general public are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw and any entries received will not be included in the Prize Draw. Only Officers, staff and their immediate family members are eligible. All persons entering the Prize Draw must be over the age of 18 years and residents of the UK. If a winner is found to be ineligible, we reserve the right to award the prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize Draw is not open to employees or contractors of the Police Mutual group or their direct family members.
- The Prize Draw commences at 09.00 GMT on 20 November 2017 and all entries must be received by 23.59 GMT on the closing date of 24 December 2017 ("Promotional Period"). Police Mutual reserves the right to disqualify late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries.
The Prize draw
- The promoter of the Prize Draw is Police Mutual Assurance Society, Alexandra House, Queen Street, Lichfield WS13 6QS (“Police Mutual”).
- Entry to the Prize Draw is free; no purchase is necessary.
How to Enter
- One entry per person.
- To enter the Prize Draw, participants must visit www.policemutual.co.uk/christmas and submit the online form or via the purpose built iPad forms.
- Entrants are requested to fill in a contact details form and to read and confirm they have understood the T&C’s.
- Entries must be made personally. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- All participants will be automatically opted-in to receive further communications from Police Mutual and can opt out at any time by calling us on 0345 88 22 999.
- During the Promotional Period, participants will have a chance to win one of our daily prizes (each a "Spot Prize") and a chance to win £2,000 (the "Grand Prize").
- Entry into the Prize Draw may also be submitted by sending your name and contact details to: Police Mutual Christmas Campaign, Brand Marketing, Alexandra House, Queen Street, Lichfield WS13 6QS by 25 December 2017.
Selection of Winners
- Each day during the Promotional Period, we will be drawing a winner to receive one of our Spot Prizes.
- Each Spot Prize draw has a restricted entry period over the Promotional Period whereby participants will not be eligible to receive any Spot Prizes (as defined below) already drawn in accordance with Clause 18.
- The Grand Prize winner of the Prize Draw will be chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the end of the applicable closing date. The Grand Prize draw will be held on 28 December and the winner will be contacted on the day by phone
- The daily Spot Prize winners of the Prize Draw will be chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received by midnight each day. The Spot Prize draws will be held the next working day and the winner will be contacted by email on the day of the Spot Prize draw.
- A participant may only win two (2) prizes one (1) Spot Prize draw and one (1) Grand Prize draw) during the Prize Draw. If a winner continues to enter the Prize Draw and is selected at random for a subsequent draw, the winner will not be awarded the prize and the next eligible participant selected at random shall be the winner of that draw.
- The winner of the Grand Prize will receive the £2,000 by cheque. The winners of the Spot Prizes will be notified on the day of the Prize Draw and the prizes will be posted out via first class recorded delivery within 30 days from when Police Mutual announce the winners or delivered by a Police Mutual representative by the 30 January 2018. There is no cash alternative to these Spot Prizes. In the event of a prize being unavailable Police Mutual reserve the right to supply an alternative prize without notice.
- The winner of the £2,000 will be notified by phone and a cheque will be posted out or delivered by a Police Mutual representative before 30 January 2018.
- The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Legal review is excluded.
- If a prize is declined or unclaimed by a selected winner, or if a selected winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied within 7 days of first attempting to notify a selected winner, the prize will be forfeited. In such circumstances, Police Mutual reserves the right to select another winner at random from the eligible entrants who will be notified by Police Mutual in the same manner described in 15.
- By taking part in this Prize Draw the winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity organised in connection with this promotion.
- The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. The Spot Prizes will be sent to the winners by post to a postal address within the UK notified by the winner in advance or delivered by a Police Mutual representative. Prizes may take up to 30 days for delivery from the day at which Police Mutual receive the winners contact details. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, Police Mutual reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award the prize to another participant.
- Police Mutual accepts no responsibility if a product is defective, faulty, nor any disappointment caused as a result of this. Police Mutual is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any prizes. Police Mutual will not be responsible for any replacements or repair units. Nothing shall exclude Police Mutual’s liability for death or injury as a result of its negligence.
- Police Mutual reserves the right to provide the Spot winners with a gift receipt of the prize should Police Mutual see it to be necessary. This will be after or accompanying the prize delivery. At this point Police Mutual has handed over all relevant documents relating to the Prize, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners reserve the right to contact the manufacturer, in pursuance of any rights provided by consumer law.
- To request the names of the Grand Prize draw winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Police Mutual, Christmas campaign prize draw, Brand Marketing, Alexandra House, Queen Street, Lichfield WS13 6QS by 31 December 2017. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- Police Mutual accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting any prize.
- Police Mutual reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- Police Mutual shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- These T&C’s are governed by English law.