For savers looking to invest a lump sum over five years or more - with guaranteed protection
- Save a lump sum of £1,000 or more for five years or longer
- Protection of a money-back guarantee at five-year set points*
- Any gains made can also be locked in every five years
- You can withdraw your money at any point*
- Save up to £20,000 in total this tax year
*The (not so) small print
- The Options ISA, including the Protected Growth option, is a stocks and shares ISA.
- The value of tax benefits depends on your individual circumstance and tax rates or legislation which could change in the future.
- If you withdraw your money other than on the five-year set guarantee points, you may get back less than you have put in.
|Returns||There is no guaranteed return with this option. Your money is invested in our Life Fund which takes advantage of any growth in shares, property, commodities, bonds and cash|
|Guarantees||Guaranteed at five year set points|
|ISA Allowance||You can save up to £20,000 this tax year (but transfers from previous tax years are also allowed)|
|Payment Options||Invest via debit card, bank transfers, cheque (not online) or ISA transfers|
|Accessibility||If you withdraw your money other than on the five-year set guarantee points, you may get back less than you have put in|
|Top-ups||Top ups to your original investment are not permitted. But you can start another investment in this option with a separate guarantee at any time|
|Charges||There are charges on this plan. You can find full details in the Key Information Document.|
It is important you understand all of the key features of the Options ISA if you are considering applying.
The table below shows the value of a Options ISA - Protected Growth option invested on 1 January 2013 to 1 January 2018. It shows the value that the member could have received if they were to withdraw all of their investment on the specified date. Example based on Police Mutual simulated past performance figures.
|Date||Police Mutual Protected Growth||% in period|
|Total gains||£3,608||+ 27.8%|
You should remember past performance is no indication of future performance and should not be the reason for choosing a product.
- Example based on Police Mutual simulated past performance figures due to product launching in November 2015.
- Example based on a £13,000 initial investment on 1 January 2013 and assumes no withdrawals are made.
- Investment of £13,000 based on ISA transfer.
- Performance figures take into account all charges which are applied during the period. Charges may vary.
- The performance of your own investment will depend on how much you invest, our charges and our investment performance.
- If you access your money in our Protected Growth ISA option at any time other than on the guarantee points, you'll get back the current value ‐ which may be less than you invested. The guarantee points are every five years.
- The value of tax benefits depends on your individual circumstances and tax rates or legislation which could change in the future.
- Our Options ISA is a Stocks and Shares ISA.