Pre retirement courses
Retirement is something that you don't need to prepare for on your own. We're here to help you every step of the way - before, during and even after you retire.
To find out more about a course - call us on 01543 305387
As you plan for life beyond the force, our highly acclaimed, free retirement courses have been specifically designed to fully prepare you for making the key decisions that will define your retirement years. The courses, ideally for Police officers and staff within six to twelve months of retirement are engaging, thought provoking and specifically designed to help you consider all of your options.
Our free course for Police employees includes:
- How to cope with change
- Your Police Pension - commutation and your options
- State Pension and taxation
- Financial Planning for retirement - identifying short, medium and long term needs
- Savings and investments - how to assess the level of risk you're prepared to take and match this to investments capable of delivering the level of returns you seek
- Taking Financial Advice - The do's and don'ts
- Second careers
- Wills and estate planning
- Health and wellbeing
To find out more about the course please call us on 01543 305387
In those forces where we deliver pre-retirement courses, the booking arrangements are usually made by the force. Please contact your Learning & Development Coordinator for more details.
Forces we cover
We offer a free course for Police employees within six months of their planned retirement in the following forces, with more to be added soon:
|British Transport Police||Hampshire||Police Service of Northern Ireland|
|Greater Manchester Police||Nottinghamshire||West Mercia|
Post course support
Once a course is finished we don't consider our job is done. At Police Mutual we fully acknowledge the importance of continued support as retirement approaches. This is why we've introduced a unique program of ongoing support, open to all delegates who've attended one of our courses, known as our retirement 'Keeping in Touch' program.
Keeping in Touch offers proactive contact in the lead up to retirement to:
- Remind you of key decisions and actions you might need to think about
- Provide you with links to tools and planners to help you prepare
- Explore the topics from the pre-retirement course in more depth.
Finally, after the point of retirement we can offer you a range of guaranteed investments aimed at providing peace of mind for the DIY investor or, alternatively, access to fully impartial advice from our own in-house Independent Financial Advice team