With over 400 recovery specialists in the UK on hand 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, you can be sure that you're in safe hands when you need it.
Police Mutual Rescue Benefits
- Fast roadside assistance - aiming to repair your car at the side of the road.
- Emergency accommodation or alternative travel.
- Free cover for caravans and trailers when used for private use.
- Recovery to a destination of your choice if the recovery specialist can't get you on your way.
- Messaging service to let your family and loved ones know you're okay.
- Free UK based helpline for emergencies.
- Emergency assistance provided if you breakdown at home.
- European cover includes repatriation of your vehicle.
Terms and conditions apply
This could suit you if you want:
- Hassle-free travelling by car across UK and Mainland Europe.^
- To use your caravan or trailer without paying any extra.
- A first class breakdown cover with straightforward pricing and free UK based helpline.
^Subject to terms and conditions.
We offer simple and straightforward pricing options.
Cars less than 10 years old* - £47.54
Cars more than 10 years old* - Additional £10.56
European cover for cars up to 15 years old* - Additional £15.85
*available to UK residents excluding Jersey and Guernsey
Other things you should know
You can call us on 0151 242 7645 and a member of our team will be able to assist you.
Yes, cover is provided throughout the UK (including Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). The Republic of Ireland is covered if European cover is taken out. There is also an additional service the provides cover across Europe in our European Cover option.
The policyholder is responsible for the cost of any parts or petrol etc. which should be paid to the repairer.
- If you breakdown in the UK, call the 24 hour Rescue Control centre on 0800 731 4590 or 01277 235 790.
- If you breakdown in Europe, call the English speaking emergency services number 00 44 (0) 1277 235 790. They'll make sure you're okay and help you get back on the road as soon as possible.
- If you've had an accident, please ring your insurance company first.
Breakdown Cover is provided by ERS (Syndicate 218 at Lloyds)
Those who pay in full by direct debit will be automatically renewed, whereas those who pay by card or cheque won't be.
We will contact you near to the time that your policy is due for renewal, either way.
Please tell us as soon as possible either in writing, by phone or fax about any change of car including details of the registration number, registration date, make and model.
Phone: 0151 242 7645 (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm)
Fax: 0151 236 1908
Within 14 days of taking out the policy or receiving your insurance documents you may cancel the cover by calling or writing to us. We will return any premium paid by you, less the costs of any claims made on the policy. After this 14 day period you can cancel your insurance, however there will be no refund of premium.
You can pay for your breakdown cover in one of three ways: debit card, credit card or an annual direct debit payment.
Providing they are driving with your permission your car is covered whoever is driving it. The insurance only applies to the car named in the schedule.
Cover is provided in any country which is a member of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Norway, Serbia or Switzerland (including Liechtenstein).
The insurance cover will be valid from midnight on the day that the application is purchased.
If your car can't be fixed on the spot, your cover will pay for the reasonable cost of taking the car, you and up to five passengers to any one place you choose.
If you breakdown more than 25 miles from your home and it can't be repaired at the roadside or at a garage during the same day, and is not recovered to your home or destination, ERS will refund the cost of onwards travel arrangements or necessary emergency overnight accommodation.
Yes. If your car is towing a trailer or caravan, that's covered too as long as it's attached to the car by a standard 50 millimetre (2 inch) towing coupling. Caravans are restricted to a maximum length of 7 metres, height 3 metres and width 2.25 metres. Trailers are restricted to a length of 2.25 metres.
Yes - although you should always carry a spare tyre. If you're towing a caravan or trailer, remember to carry a spare tyre for that as well.
You are covered if you run out of fuel. However, you're not covered in circumstances where the lack of fuel is due to fuel company disputes.
So that your friends or relatives or colleagues don't worry when you haven't arrived, they will be contacted to let them know your situation.
Any members of NARPO can apply for breakdown cover.
And your family is welcome too. Partners and your wider family including parents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws are all eligible for cover.
Available to UK residents excluding Jersery and Guernsey.
Breakdown Cover is provided by ERS (Syndicate 218 at Lloyds). Visit our legal page for further details.
It's important you understand all of the Key Information for Breakdown Cover. We recommend you read all of the policy documents before you get a quote or buy and keep it in a safe place.
These products are arranged and administered by PMGI Limited trading as Police Mutual, more information is available on our legal page.