Helpful information about our 24/7 GP Consultation Service provided through our Healthcare scheme
Recent reports have shown that certain online pharmacies are not following GMC (General Medical Council) guidelines. Some online suppliers are prescribing antibiotics and medication without appropriate clinical controls. Our Healthcare Scheme includes access to a 24/7 GP Consultation Service which is provided by Medical Solutions - please find below some helpful information about the service:
All Medical Solutions GPs are:
- Experienced and current NHS practising GPs
- GMC Registered and Licensed
- Included in the NHS England Performers list
- Allocated a responsible officer
- On the GP Register
- Insured for £10m liability
- NHS Fit to Practice
In addition Medical Solutions undertakes:
- Clinical audit using the Clinical Guardian toolkit
- Bi-annual performance reviews
- Qualifications checks
Where a prescription is raised:
- The GPs follow the GMC Best Practice Guidelines on remote prescribing.
- The Medical Solutions system only allows approved medication and dosage levels with checks built in to guard against risk.
- The prescription is securely electronically sent to a licensed wholesale pharmacy which follows the General Pharmaceutical Council Guidelines on best practice and is a GPhC registered pharmacy (9010315).
- Both Medical Solutions and our pharmacy are CQC (Care Quality Commission) registered.
- Medical Solutions GPs prescribe when it is in the best interest of the patient and have no commercial incentive to prescribe.
- Medical Solutions UK Ltd and its doctors uniquely provide a quality service with clear protocols, safeguards and auditing to ensure safe and appropriate prescribing.