Are you saving enough?
One in five UK families have no savings at all, and just under a third have less than £500 put aside for a rainy day, according to recent research...
One in five UK families have no savings at all, and just under a third have less than £500 put aside for a rainy day, according to recent research*.
If you're one of them, it's never too late to get into the savings habit and build yourself a financial cushion.
It definitely pays to plan ahead. The good news is that people who set themselves a clear savings goal tend to save faster and end up with £550 more** than those who save on a more ad hoc basis.
Whether you want to save regularly or invest a lump sum, we have a range of options to choose from:
Our Regular Savings plan makes it easy to save and gives you a guaranteed lump sum in the future
- Hassle-free - save directly from your Police salary/pension or by direct debit
- No minimum premium - you save a regular amount that suits your budget
- Fixed term - to help you resist dipping into your savings
- Guaranteed - you receive a guaranteed lump sum at the end of your plan.
Our Guaranteed ISA gives you the potential to profit from any stock market growth, with the safety net of our double guarantee
- Tax-free - all the returns on your savings are free from personal tax
- New ISA limit - means you can now save up to £15,000 a year
- Guarantees - your money is locked in at five-year set points
- Low starting amounts - from as little as a £1,000 lump sum or just £40 a month.
Remember, unlike a Cash ISA, the Guaranteed ISA is not an interest rate product and the value of your Guaranteed ISA can go up and down. So if you access your money at any time other than on the guarantee points, you'll get back what your investment is currently worth, which may be more or less than you invested.
*Aviva Family Finances Report, July 2014