Police Mutual Conference 2014
Highlights from our Annual Conference and AGM, held on 1-2 May in Manchester and attended by delegates from forces across the country
This year our Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting was held on 1-2 May in Manchester and attended by delegates from forces across the country.
Our strategy has been to seek to grow and change with the evolving needs of our members and the Police Service through demonstrating the benefits of being a modern mutual and we shared at conference our key initiatives that have helped us modernise and strengthen the business in order to achieve this:
- Stephen Mann, Chief Executive reflected on the unprecedented change faced by the Police Service, our key priorities and the work we're doing to ensure that we're providing what our members need along with how Police Mutual made a difference in 2013
- James Henderson, Commercial Director, talked about our growth through key acquisitions, including Healthcare, General Insurance and Forces Financial and how this benefits our members
- Dave Wright, Marketing Director and Eve Clowes, Head of Membership, shared insights from our recent research and how we're responding, including how we're communicating with our members and improving our digital journey. We also sought the views of delegates as to whether this was enough
- Claire Long, Head of Welfare Services, talked about how we're improving welfare provision for the Police Service and how the initiatives available through the Police Mutual Foundation are making a real difference to the lives of you and your colleagues
- Our guest speaker Mike Cunningham, Chief Constable of Staffordshire Police and one of our Vice Presidents, spoke of the workforce development programme -aimed at improving health and wellbeing within the workplace and how the collaboration and support with Police Mutual is assisting with this.
What's new this year?
- At conference we announced our free online account service, My Account, which makes it easier for our members to manage the products and services they hold with us - from paperless statements to quick and easy applications to storing quotes
- We also announced further exclusive mortgage deals we've secured for our members.
At our AGM, all resolutions were carried without any abstentions or votes against, you can find a summary here.
Police Mutual Force Awards 2014
Our much anticipated awards ceremony took place to mark the achievements of Force Authorised Officers over the past year.
Congratulations to all of this year's winners:
- Steven Jackson, Hampshire - Lifetime Achievement 2014
- Neil Goosey, Northamptonshire - The Police Mutual Foundation 2014
- Timothy Bayford, Kent and Donal Walsh, PSNI - Special Recognition 2014
- Neil Dodd, Nottinghamshire - New Members 2013 (smaller forces)
- Steven Jackson, Hampshire - New Members 2013 (medium forces)
- Matthew Oxley, Greater Manchester - New Members 2013 (larger forces).