Enjoy peace of mind protection through our specialist advice service:
- No-fees - Your consultation and advice is free and there is no obligation to buy
- Review - A one-to-one consultancy to understand your protection needs
- Choice - We have access to the full range of leading products from all UK based protection providers
- Independent - Specialist and unbiased advice from our advisors.
Other things you should know
Yes, and this can help protect your beneficiaries from inheritance tax or helping to avoid probate.
Yes, you can cancel your policy but before doing so, you should consider the implications of not having sufficient life insurance in place should the worst happen.
Most insurers will allow you to make changes to your policy during the term of the cover. These changes can include:
- a different term
- increased or decreased amounts of cover
- removal of a life on joint life policies if cover is no longer required for that person
- changing the frequency of your premium payment between monthly and annually.
This depends on your individual circumstances and there are a few factors you may want to consider. Our independent advisers will establish your needs by asking you a number of questions and this enables us to research the market so we can recommend the most suitable products for your needs.
Our independent advisers will search the whole of the market and all the UK's leading insurance providers to find the most suitable cover for your individual needs. We are not tied to one particular provider which means we have access to the full range of products available and at competitive rates.
In order to apply for cover you must be a UK resident and at least 18 years old at the time of applying.
Life insurance - designed to help make sure your family is financially protected if you die during the term of your policy. A cash sum could be paid out and used by your loved ones to help with everyday living expenses, child-care costs or help pay the mortgage.
Decreasing life insurance - designed to protect a repayment mortgage, the amount of cover reduces as your mortgage balance does.
Serious/Critical Illness Cover - usually available when you buy life insurance and designed to pay out your chosen amount of cover if you are diagnosed with one of a large number of specified critical illnesses during the term of the policy.
Income Protection - designed to replace your income with a monthly pay-out should you be unable to work due to injury, illness or unemployment.
There are various types of protection policy available in today's insurance market.
The most common form of protection is life insurance which helps to protect your loved ones financially should the worst happen. You choose the level of cover you need and the length of time you want to be insured for. Your policy is designed to pay out your chosen amount of cover if you die during the term of the policy.
There are various other products designed to protect you in the event of suffering a serious or critical illness which may mean you can no longer work and your income will reduce, many of these products offer additional benefits such as fracture cover, children's critical illness cover and funeral expenses.
|Life assurance||- We can advise on various types of life cover.
- Can be used to pay off your mortgage so that the costs are not passed on to your dependents or loved ones.
|Critical illness cover||- Pays a lump sum in the event of a specified critical illness.
- Could help you pay for things like private treatment, prescribed drugs not available through the NHS, changes to your home, paying off all or part of your mortgage.
|Accident, sickness & unemployment||- Covers your mortgage payment if you're unable to work due to accident, sickness or unemployment.
- Payments are usually made for a period of up to 12 months.
- If you would like to be covered for longer than this you may want to consider taking out income protection.
|Income protection||- Provides a tax-free monthly income if you're unable to work due to accident or sickness.
- Payments are made until you are able to return back to work.